Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA)
“Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan” is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme. In our State this project is being implemented from the academic year 2009-10 to 2019-20.
Goals & Objectives
- Establishing Secondary School within a radius of 5kms.
- Achieving 75% access by 2012-13 and 100% access by 2017-18.
- Achieving 100% retention by 2020.
- Providing necessary physical facilities, teaching and non – teaching staff for every secondary school
- To see that no student shall be deprived of secondary education because of gender disparity, socioeconomic reasons, disability or any other reasons.
Activities taken up under RMSA
- Construction of Additional Classrooms for quality improvement in the school infrastructure and school buildings are strengthened
- Laboratory construction of integrated Science Laboratory of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics for quality learning
- Laboratory Equipment providing laboratory equipment for the newly constructed laboratories. Providing grant for existing laboratories for the purchase of additional equipment
- Supply of Furniture and Equipment furniture of Headmaster room, Office room, Computer room, Art/Craft, & Library
- Separate Toilet blocks for boys and girls & drinking water facility for all secondary schools
- Annual grants for Schools: Rs. 50,000 annual grant is given to all schools for the purchase of teaching Learning Material, Games equipment, Music, Drawing, Art education material and maintenance
- Minor Repair grants: Every secondary school having own building will be given Rs. 25,000 annually for Minor repairs of the School
- Major Repair grants for Schools: Annual Grants for major repairs to the class rooms having own building will be given Rs.2.00 Lakhs maximum for having two sections and Rs.4.00 Lakhs maximum for having 4 sections
- Laboratory maintenance grants: For the purchase of laboratory equipment maintenance Rs. 25,000 will be provided.
- Library, News Paper grants:For every secondary school library books worth Rs.1.00 Lakh would be provided. Rs. 10,000 for every school for the purchase of magazines, news papers and purchase of new books to the library will be provided annually.
Progress Made Under RMSA
- It is decided to inaugurate additional class rooms in 1000 Secondary School
- In the year 2010-11 additional class rooms to 487 Secondary Schools were sanctioned preparaty activities for construction are under progress
- In-service Teacher Training: Total of 49,836 teachers were trained for 5 days in a residential mode during the summer vacation of 2009-10 in the school subjects. In the year 2010-11 during summer vacation a total of 38,136 teachers were trained for 5 days in a residential mode
| Abstract of District wise schools sanctioned for strengthening under RMSA
||Name of the District
||Total No. of Schools sanctioned under Phase- I
||Total No. of Schools sanctioned under Phase –II
||Total No. of Schools sanctioned under Phase –III